Thursday, October 30, 2008

AIFF, WAV, WTF, WWJD?

Dear readers,

It has come to my attention that the Internet and multimedia have made life harder rather than easier. Case in point: last night I was at work on my already overdue podcast, trying to figure out ProTools. But to be able to take clips from my tape recorder and work in Pro Tools, my WMAs had to be converted to AIFs. Then I had to take my files from ProTools and use a Quicktime Conversion into AIF. Then I could begin to use them in ProTools, but I still wasn't sure how I'd export. And apparently, in ProTools, you don't export files - you BOUNCE them out. "Like a PUNK!" Whoever the heck thought of "bouncing" ought to be shot for trying to introduce ghetto lingo into corporate media.
Otherwise, things are good. I'm working on A&R reps, artist and repertoires, the guys who make you famous, apparently. They're the ones who scout out the bands and ask them about record deals. Today would be a good day to read a bit more about them.
I would love any comments from someone who knows good places to read actual NEWS about the folk/Americana scene: all I seem to get from the online stuff are profiles of bands. What about news? Analysis of trends? Money being made, deals, stories about kinds of lyrics being put out? I believe Americana music has international appeal, but sometimes it feels real insular on these web sites. Anyways, that's all for now. Have good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment